Spain named a top 10 global destination for high quality of life

Apartment for Sale in Nueva Andalucia, Marbella | PMR1985042

2 Bed Apartment for Sale in Nueva Andalucia, Marbella | PMR1985042

SPAIN is the only country in the world that can boast two cities among the top ten places with the highest quality of life in the world: Madrid and Palma de Mallorca.

These are the conclusions of a study by the international team at Knight Frank, which takes into account various factors such as culture, education, cost of living, leisure activities, the range of top quality restaurants and the climate. Continue reading

Marbella property market buoyant as property sales in Spain take a dive

Marbella property

According to Premier Marbella news sources, Spanish property sales fell in June, representing a 5.5% drop compared with the same month of 2012, to a total of 23,966 transactions. This is the second consecutive monthly decline, after property sales had increased by almost 11% in April 2013. That said, the Marbella property market continues to record a growth of up to 18.1% as many non-European Union high-net-worth individuals invest in luxury Marbella property, in return for being granted permanent residency in Spain. Continue reading

Property prices in Spain could fall below true market value

Premier Marbella Prices

According to Premier Marbella news sources, property prices will continue to fall over the next few years and will do so vigorously. The British research firm Capital Economics forecast a further fall in prices of approximately 30%, leading to a near total correction of 50% from peak levels prices in 2002. Continue reading

Spanish property prices continue to slide


According to data just released by Global Property Guide, property prices in Spain continue to slide. In June 2012, property valuation company TINSA’s (IMIE) general property price index plunged by 10.8% from the same period last year. Continue reading

Spain is still Nº1 for European holidaymakers

BeachSpain is still European holidaymakers’ favorite destination according the latest figures released by Eurostat. Statistics show 13% of tourists booking holidays abroad chose Spain, which is well ahead of Italy and France (both 9%). Breaking the figure down per country, 39% of Portuguese travelling abroad come to Spain, followed by 25% of Irish, 21% of Britons and 18% of French tourists.

The Consumer Price Index falls 2.4 %

grafico IPCThe Consumer Price Index (CPI) in Spain rose 0.4% in March compared to February, but overall has reduced by four tenths on the year rate to 2.4%, thanks to cheaper fuel, according to the indicator advance on the evolution of prices in Spain released Wednesday by the National Statistics Institute (INE).

The annual rate of 2.4% reached in March is the lowest since July last year, when inflation had stood at 2.2%. The IPC has maintained the trend, for the fifth consecutive month, below the threshold of 3%, after peaking last October when, with the increase VAT inflation had soared to 3.5%.

Alcorcón in Madrid chosen for EuroVegas gambling resort

Las Vegas Sands casinos and Madrid officials have chosen the town of Alcorcon on the outskirts of the Spanish capital as the site for the multibillion-dollar “EuroVegas” casino project, which authorities hope will bring much-needed jobs and investment to Spain.

Madrid regional government president Ignacio Gonzalez said that work on the first of three phases would begin at the end of 2013 and would be completed by 2017. The entire project, initially comprising 12 hotels and six casinos, is to be finished by 2023 at an estimated cost of €22 billion. Las Vegas Sands is to fund 35 percent of the project. It is not clear where the remaining 65 percent will come from.